Sunday, January 10, 2010

Too Much Chocolate Chocolate Cake


I came across this recipe during the holiday season and it has been my go to dessert for my work holiday party, a Hanukkah gathering at our apartment with the inlaws, and for my grandfather's birthday a few weeks ago. On Friday, one of my coworkers asked for me to make it again, so I did.... a dessert THIS GOOD just could not be easier than this:

Ingredients
1 box of devils food cake mix
1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix (I use whatever is on sale or generic!)
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream (I use light)
3/4 cup oil
2 cups chocolate chips (you can get creative here, mini chips work, as do peanut butter and chocolate chips combined)
1/2 cup warm water

Directions
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- beat 4 eggs for about 1 minute in medium bowl
- add cake mix, pudding, water, oil and sour cream, mix for 2-3 minutes until well blended
- stir in or fold in the chocolate chips-- feel free to add extra
- generously spray a bundt pan with PAM or other baking spray
- carefully pour/spoon batter into the pan
- bake for 55 minutes
- remove from oven, allow to cool for AT LEAST one and one half hours (I once attempted to rush the process, the end product was not as attractive and had some holes)
- once cool, flip upside down onto plate or cake tray. It should fall right out of the pan
- sprinkle with powdered sugar


This can also be made as a sheet cake, although I have not tried it yet. Next time I have an occasion for this yummy recipe, I am going to do a 2 layer cake with raspberry mouse and raspberry preserve between the layers mmmmmmmm

Check out this zoomed in photo J took-- he wanted to highlight the texture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment